Week 15, or “The one where I puke in my car.”

You know the drill by now - this journal is old, I'm super pregg-o (27 weeks today actually), blah blah blah. - Becca, from the future

Warning: any baby posts might involve some unappetizing talk including, but not limited to: my lady parts, peeing, and the word “fetus”. Proceed with caution.

First of all: 2nd trimester, baby!!! woot!

Second: Remember all those previous posts where I was all, “I haven't had any morning sickness at all! I'm just the luckiest mother to be EVER!”??

Well, you know what they say about karma.

This week was the week I got to experience what most moms feel for the entire first trimester: morning sickness. And it was a BITCH. Sorry mom.

My first little bout was on Sunday morning before church. I won't give you all the dirty details, but it was what you'd expect: got up, felt gross, lost my cookies, felt better.

But then Wednesday came. I woke up feeling awful. Tried to lie down. Nope. Tried to eat something bland. Nope. Tossed the cookies a couple times. Still felt awful. Texted all coworkers with the dirty details. Tried lying down again. Horrible.

Eventually, it got to be that time of the morning where I HAVE to get in the car and drive to work or I'm going to be late for my first class. I knew this wasn't going to end well, but I got in the car. With a plastic bag.

I made it through 4 right turns before I used the bag. In my car. While driving. It was a low moment.

Then, I have to brag on Russell – I pulled over, sobbing, holding a bag full of my own vomit, and called him. And he was very sweet and told me to just go home and try again in a few hours. We're REALLY trying not to waste all my sick days on nonsense like this, so taking a day makes me feel super guilty. But he was really sweet about it :)

And luckily, after I went home, cleaned up, and disposed of the bag, I felt a lot better. Good enough to go into work and teach my last 2 classes.

I haven't had any more morning sickness – maybe that was the end of it....? Oh, as I type that sentence I can feel karma glaring at me...

Stats

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado! Makes me think of guacamole which sounds amaze-balls right now.

How I'm feeling: When I'm not hurling, I feel pretty good. I started having round ligament pain (re: pain from the ligaments around the belly stretching) and it's not my fave, but not too bad.

How much weight have I gained: 10 pounds. I'm pretty proud of this considering the other day I stopped at a bakery, spent like $15.00 on carbs, and then went through the Einstein Bagel drive thru and bought 3 damn bagels.

Cravings: Nothing too big this week!

How Russell's doing: Really well! He didn't even glare at me when I made him drive all the way back to church after choir rehearsal to get my phone. Which was in my pocket.

How the nursery is coming along: Progress!! Contractor says he'll start next week. We've cleared the whole thing out, so it's ready for demo. Oddly, Bijou has pooped in it every day this week. The dog never poops in the house until we clean this room out. What the what??

Lies I've had to tell / tasks I've had to avoid since we haven't told anyone we're pregnant yet:
Oh, we told everyone over the past 2 weeks! We announced it in choir and at church, I told all of my students, mom told everyone at her church, I posted something on Facebook. We're official. :)

Best part of being pregnant this week: My baby bump is pretty legit now, so I look more pregnant than just fat!

Worst part of being pregnant this week: It got cold, so I packed up all my summer clothes. Before closing the lid, I said a little prayer that I would see them again, on my body, not in a bag for goodwill because I've gained so much bagel weight, I can only wear clothing custom made for me by Omar, the tent maker....


Yes, I know this says "Week 16", but let's face it, I didn't blog that week. So, you get pictures a week early!

Comments

Popular Posts