Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week 28 or "The Crying Game"

Warning: any baby posts might involve some unappetizing talk including, but not limited to: my lady parts, peeing, and the word “fetus”. Proceed with caution.

One not-so-fun side effect of pregnancy is your hormones are completely out of whack. I am grumpy, like, 90% of the time. The other 10%, I'm crying. And not necessarily for normal reasons.

Things that have made me cry recently:
  1. The movie “My Girl”. Granted, this would make non-pregnant me cry too, but it turned pregnant-me into a sobbing, snotty disaster, for at least 45 minutes after it was over.

  2. Any episode of Sister Wives. I don't know why, but I am seriously concerned with those Wives!! I mean, Meri's about to be an empty nester and is Jenelle really getting enough help with those kids?? And Cody's hair. C'mon. IT'S ALL JUST VERY UPSETTING. 

  3. The other day, I saw a stuffed bunny on the interstate. Ruined me. Just thinking of it now, I could sob.

  4. Thinking about being pregnant for 12 more weeks.

  5. Thinking about having an infant in 12 more weeks.

  6. Let's not even speak of those Sarah-McLachlan-sad-one-eyed-dog-in-a-cage commercials. 

  7. The song “Happiness” from “You're a good man, Charlie Brown”. The pathetic / strange part is the lyric that makes me choke up: “Happiness is two kinds of ice cream”. I don't know why. Apparantly, more than 1 type of ice cream is just too much for me, metaphorically. In reality, 2 kinds of ice cream is still 1 kind away from a really killer sundae. 

  8. The furniture arrangement of our office, which I've decided I hate. So, I had Russell help me move it all. And I hated it even more, if possible. Cue crying. Also, re: “Russell's nomination for sainthood”, as he just made me go lie down while he moved all the furniture. Again. 

  9.  The song that plays while the credits roll at the end of Ghostbusters 2. You know the one: "Wellll, I guess. we're. gahh-na. have. to. take. con--trollll". I have no explanation for this, but it made me all teary. 

    10.  Walmart. Actually, my initial reaction to having to visit a Walmart is rage, followed shortly by hysterical crying.
Stats

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant. I'm wondering, why are all of these stats (which I get from an app) fruits or vegetables? Why doesn't it ever say “Baby is the size of a MacBook Pro” or “Baby is the size of your toaster”?

How I'm feeling: Excited, nervous, happy, sad, fat, lazy, over-whelmed, scatter-brained, jittery, and exhausted. All at the same time.

How much weight have I gained: 28 pounds. I finally asked my doctor if this was a bad thing, since most books I've read recommend gaining 15-25. Her exact words: “You're gaining a pound a week. If you end up gaining 40 pounds, I'm okay with it.” Excellent, as that's totally what I'm going to do. Hopefully no more than 40!

Cravings: ALL THE FOOD. ALL THE TIME.

How Russell's doing: Oh, poor Russell and his crazy, crying wife. I think he's doing okay, he basically avoids me when I'm sobbing. :)

How the nursery is coming along: Nursery is going well! I ordered the fabric for the curtains and started working on them. It's going slowly, because I'm new to sewing. Also, my parents have offered to buy our crib, so check that off the list. Now, I need to get upholstery fabric for the glider, as well as locate a dresser to refinish. I swear, I'm stalking the Goodwills like a hungry lioness, but to no avail so far. (Update from THE FUTURE - remember, this blog is post-dated. In actual time, I have now found a dresser. I'm only telling you this because everyone I run into since the last post has tried to buy/give/find me a dresser, which I really appreciate, but we found one! Pictures soon!)

Tasks I've had to avoid because I'm pregnant: Running. Kung Fu. Weight lifting. Mixing toxic chemicals. Ice skating. High wire stunts.

Best part of being pregnant this week: Seeing the nursery come together and looking legitimately pregnant, even in my big winter coat. I get a lot of curious looks from little kids, which is too cute :)

Worst part of being pregnant this week: I had my gestational diabetes test this week, which I passed (failed? Not sure which ones the right answer here----I do NOT have GD) with flying colors. But to take it, I got to chug a little bottle of sugary orange syrup at 7:45 AM. Ewww.
Breakfast of champions.





No comments:

Post a Comment