Week 12, or “The one where my head hurt for 7 days straight.”

 *These posts come from a journal I kept when I found out I was pregnant, but didn't publish, as it was a big secret until the first trimester was over. I'm actually 24 weeks pregnant as I hit "publish" on this bad boy, so don't be confused*

Warning: any baby posts might involve some unappetizing talk including, but not limited to: my lady parts, peeing, and the word “fetus”. Proceed with caution.

So, I've been really lucky to escape almost all horrible 1st trimester symptoms: I never had morning sickness, I really haven't been THAT emotional (unless there's Easy Mac around), and I've only had to miss half a day of work because of pregnancy symptoms. Overall, I have nothing to complain about. However, one unpleasant part of pregnancy is that all the good drugs are off limits. No Aleve. No Advil. No Icy/Hot. These are the good drugs, at least in my world. In pregnancy town, only Tylenol is allowed, which is too bad, as my headaches laugh and point at Tylenol.

So, at the beginning of the 12th week, I started to have a dull headache. By day 3, it was pretty strong. By day 4, I couldn't get out of bed, because that's where the sun is. I spent all day with my head under a pillow, trying every “homemade” remedy I could think of. Something must have worked, because by day 5, I could face the sun again, and finally, by the end of the week, it had subsided. If I only could take 2 Aleve, it would have been gone in half an hour. Oh, the things we do so our baby won't have 3 legs.

Stats

Baby is the size of a: peach, which sounds pretty damn big until you skip ahead a few weeks and see that baby will end up being the size of a WATERMELON, which makes me whimper like a kicked puppy.

How I'm feeling: Now that the headache's gone, I just feel fat. Sooooooooooooo fat.

How much weight have I gained: Dude, I don't know. I stopped getting on that little bitch days ago when it said I'd gained 7 pounds.

Cravings: Starbursts, allllllll day. Just typing that word made my mouth water. Luckily, starbursts are packed full of healthy things like “hydrogenated palm kernel oil”, which I'm sure is CRUCIAL in fetal development....

How Russell's doing: Super duper. He's in the middle of band season, so I don't see him much, which is probably good because when I do, all I do is make demands of him. Mostly involving starbursts and cleaning the litter box.

How the nursery is coming along: So, Russell called AND texted the contractor a week ago, and he responded “I will call you tomorrow”.  A week ago. Russell's on fall break this coming week, and he vows to me that he will find the contractor, even if it means driving to his house. :)

Lies I've had to tell / tasks I've had to avoid since we haven't told anyone we're pregnant yet:
Well, here's the thing: my co-workers are totally onto me. But even though we are officially 2nd trimester people, I don't want to tell anyone until next Friday, when my concert is over. That's just a "me" thing: I'm best when I'm focused on 1 life event at a time. So, we're just skirting the issue and pretending everyone's in the dark.

Best part of being pregnant this week: Those jeans I found in week 10? They still fit. But, on Friday, I had to unbutton them for the first time.

Worst part of being pregnant this week: Being in that horrible “not quite pregnant, just fat looking” stage. Also, everything I wear makes me look, brace yourself, pregnant. Which is fine, except we haven't told everyone, so..... awkward.

Comments

Popular Posts