Week 6 or “The one where I change my name to Mrs. Gatti's”

**These posts are taken from a journal I kept during my pregnancy - as I post this, I'm 20 weeks, so don't let the dates mess with ya**
Warning: any baby posts might involve some unappetizing talk including, but not limited to: my lady parts, peeing, and the word “fetus”. Proceed with caution.

This week has been one of  high highs and low lows. The best part was definitely telling my parents and Russell's mom! Last Friday, we went out to dinner with my mom and dad. On the way there, I started to feel nauseous and it continued throughout most of the meal. I'm not really great at hiding it when I don't feel well, so it was pretty obvious to everyone. I just claimed I was carsick. When we got home, Russell and I decided to just go ahead and spill the beans because a) my mother would worry all night if she thought I was sick and b) we wanted to. So, we announced that we are expecting! Mom was basically out of her seat and crying before I even got the words out. Dad was typically stoic and reserved. They were both really excited!

When we got home, we called Russell's mom, Lisa, to let her know the big news. Russell had a pretty good set up: Lisa recently broke her knee and Russell pretended he was just calling to see when she'd be able to drive again. She talked about her dr appointment that day and then Russell said something to the effect of, “Well, I hope it will be healed by next April, because that's when your grandbaby will be born!”. I thought Lisa was going to drop the phone. She said “Oh my God!!” at least 2 dozen times :) She's already decided on what the baby will call her: Mama L.

The low part of this week has been my energy level. I am EXHAUSTED. Beyond exhausted. I feel like every day is closing night of the musical x 2. On Sunday, we were driving to church, and I said “I feel like it's midnight right now.” I spent almost all of the weekend in bed. I found that getting out and exercising does help, but man is it hard to get up the energy to walk out the door!

6 weeks!

Stats

How I'm feeling: So. So. Tired.

How much weight have I gained: Well, those first 4 pounds must have been water weight or bloat because as of today, the scale says I've gained 1 pound. And that one's probably because I craved Mr. Gatti's so hard yesterday, I made Russell take me there for dinner, where I promptly stuffed myself with pizza, got a stomach ache, and fell asleep in the car. I told Russell it's his preview for what having a toddler will be like.

Cravings: Mr. Gatti's pizza, potstickers, and Easy Mac. I've had it twice today. I'm considering a third round.

How Russell's doing: Doing well, considering I have become a useless lump this week. He was really excited to tell the family. We also both told our principals this week, which he enjoyed too.

How the nursery is coming along: The what? Oh, that room where I keep the vacuum? It's still there, as far as I know.

Lies I've had to tell / tasks I've had to avoid since we haven't told anyone we're pregnant yet:
“Yup, I just love potstickers” - to all co-workers at lunch who noticed me eating potstickers for, like, the 4th time in 2 weeks.

Best part of being pregnant this week: Getting to see our families so excited!

Worst part of being pregnant this week: Having a hard time keeping my eyes open at work! And buttoning my pants.


Comments

Popular Posts