Famous Last Words


"I'll update tomorrow"....right....

So, I'm not so great at blogging everyday! But, I'm working on it :)

Well, our wonderful friend Jon came out to the house and assessed our toilet situation after the quote came back at a whopping 3K. We (he) pulled the toilet and looked at the subfloor underneath. The verdict: not rotten. Whew! So, after some fanagling with wax rings, we are leak free! We still need to replace the 4 tiles that surround the toilet, as they got damaged in the process, but it's much better than replacing the ENTIRE floor, as the HEP guy wanted us to.

So, people keep asking me what project we're on now, and the answer is....we're not. School started and life got MUCH faster then it was over the summer. We're barely making it through the workday, let alone jumping into a project every night. I guess this was one of those "romanticized house fantasies" yours truly may have indulged in before we bought this place. I guess I envisioned myself happily scraping paint every night while, I don't know, the cats lazed by the fire? Yeah, not so much. But, I'm determined to get back on the house. So, here are my 2 choices:
1. Finish scraping the paint around the front door and refinish the wood underneath. Not gonna lie, I've given up the dream of scraping all the white paint in the house.
2. Knock down the old closet which is now the doorway to the guest bedroom. This will require some demo, and some drywall, which I have zero experience with and Russell, even less than that, if possible :)
3. Replace the broken tiles around our bedroom fireplace with new, sexy blue glass tiles.

Whaddya think?

Comments

Popular Posts