Perks of downtown living

One of the perks of our new neighborhood is it's proximity to the Fellini Kroger. Russell disagrees. Actually, he sees this as a bit of a problem. In case you're not familiar, Fellini Kroger is actually just a standard Kroger, less than a mile from our house. It gets it's nickname from the assorted characters you might meet there and their likeness to characters in a certain Italian director's art films.

Well, I had my first Fellini experience 2 weeks ago. It was late- maybe 10 pm- and I decided I needed a snack. We'd just moved in, so the cupboard was bare. I headed out to Kroger- Russell declined the invitation, 'cause he's afraid. :) Everything was normal, until I got to the check out. I'm finishing up, I turn to leave, and there, in my path, is what I can only describe as a scuba diver wearing spelunking gear. Yup. Full body wet suit/leotard (?), big yellow helmet with flashlight on the front, boots, and a fanny pack. Oh, and all of this is on a man who has to be at least 80 years old.

And yesterday, I saw a van parked in the Fellini Kroger parking lot. It was some kind of business- construction or plumbing or whatnot. And on the back of it read "Git R Done with Jesus". Now, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't be up for that kind of shenanigans.

I love my neighborhood :) :) :)

Comments

Popular Posts