Been thinkin' about my doorbell, when ya gonna ring it?

It's a waiting game over here at McCurdy house. Waiting for cabinets, that is. They're set to ship sometime between the 19th and the 27th (how's that for a wide delivery window?), so until then, we're knocking out some smaller projects. The first: the doorbell.

(from the outside)

(from the inside)

Our front door has a potentially AWESOME doorbell. It's a "twist" doorbell, with a key that goes through a hole in the middle of the door and turns some dials on the other side, creating a super retro "brrrrrrrrrrring!". Except that there's no key. It's been missing since day 1.


And I've looked allllll over these here interwebs to no avail. It seemed there was only one option: buy a new doorbell. This saddened my little restoration loving heart, because again, we didn't buy this place to take out original stuff and replace it with new. But, it was the only option that ended in a satisfying "brrrrrrrrring!", so.....sold.

I ordered this doorbell: The "Woodworth Twist" from Signature Hardware. It arrived yesterday and at 10 pm, I was outside, hammering and drilling this baby on. The end result could not be captured in pictures, so here it is: our video debut. Yikes.



Mother of pearl, I sound like a chipmunk. I'd like to apologize to anyone who's ever had to hear me speak for long periods of time, like....every student I've ever taught. Holy cow.

Well, hopefully you got the gist there, despite my nasal drone. New doorbell = awesome. Oh, and the cats are TERRIFIED of it, so..... double awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts